So I’m a week into using the Clarisonic Mia. I use it twice a day, once in the morning and once at night in the shower. I’m using it in conjunction with my usual cleanser – Philosophy’s Purity Made Simple and then following up with bareMinerals bareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper in the morning and/or Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer. Here’s the verdict so far:
- I still get pimples and zits.
- My pores are still enlarged which I think is hereditary anyway so I’m not overly concerned.
- Redness, check. Still got that.
- The pimples & zits I still get are smaller and definitely not the painful, below-the-surface ones anymore.
- They also go away faster.
- I haven’t bothered with a facial scrub since using the Mia as it seems to do a great job exfoliating anyway.
Since using the Mia, I’ve also become a lot more aware of what else may be causing my breakouts, and I’m trying to be more vigilant about it. Things like changing my pillowcase & face towel more often. Touching my face less. And being better about washing my makeup brushes.